Blog: The Middle East

Holiday Celebrations Build Relationships

Refugee Families in Lebanon


It's the holiday season while the war is still going on. The only positive thing about it is that we get to give these children a special experience of how we celebrate it and fill their hearts with joy.


Christmas is an amazing opportunity to build relationships with them and have a transforming effect on their ideologies and culture and draw us closer together.



Event in Colorado: Learn How to Use TCD

If you are interested in humanitarian or mission work, helping impoverished communities transform themselves from hopeless to prosperous...

Then join us at the Transformational Community Development (TCD) Training, Jan. 25-27, 2019 in Colorado Springs!

TCD is a low cost, low tech model to train poor villages to become hope-filled, self-sustaining villages.

TCD is a method of development that teaches a community to:

Hope for Women Through Literacy

Refugees in Lebanon


The ladies' program at the House of Sarah is fighting and tackling illiteracy. We are aiming to empower these ladies with skills that will change their lives and their community!


Spreading the Wealth to Other Families

Goat Loan Program, Jordan


This month, Um Salem has a newborn baby goat. The family was so happy, and they are excited to receive more babies from the ten pregnant goats. The family’s income is getting better. We are going to expand the Goat Loan Program by giving some of the newborn goats to another family and start this project with them.


GHNI Assistant Regional Field Leader


Perseverance in the Face of Tragedy

Refugees in Jordan


Families Adopting Families


*Nono is an elderly lady from Bagdad, Iraq who lives with her daughter and son. In 2016, a bomb exploded beside their house and, consequently, her son was killed, and her house was destroyed. Because of this, the family decided to flee to Duhok, Iraq and stayed there for a month at her daughter’s house. When their papers were approved, they left Iraq for Jordan.


Helping Families Support Themselves

Vocational Training Program, Jordan


*Ranim is from a village named Jobar in Syria. She is married and has three daughters and one son.  When the war in Syria became increasingly violent and the frequency of bombings multiplied, Ranim and her husband feared for their family’s safety and livelihood so, in 2013, the family fled Syria and came to Jordan. They registered as refugees with the UNHCR and finally began their lives here.  


Children Express Joy in Learning

House of Ruth, Jordan


English Class


What Can $1 a Day Provide?

Global Hope Network is looking for 100 world-changers to commit to giving $1 a day in 2019 to help end extreme poverty in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. If we reach this goal, we will have raised enough funds to cover the costs of Transformational Community Development (TCD) in two villages for an entire year!

Creative Business Planning

Goat Loan Program, Jordan


In Mufradat Village, Maliha suggested starting a new project to increase her income. She has a loan and a large debt which she has to repay. The project involves raising doves, and she will sell the babies. We adopted her project and we will support her by paying 75% of the project costs, leaving her to pay 25%.

Family is First

Refugees in Jordan


Syrian Refugees in Jordan


We have seen about 50 Syrian refugee patients in our clinic at the House of Ruth. Most of them used to came to the clinic more than one time, and Dr. Fady is following up with their cases. They used the medications and got good results. Most of the patients suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, and infections.