To Our Partners and Supporters in providing
‘Help & Hope to the Hidden & Hurting,’
A. Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to create your ‘Annual Giving Statement’, individual gift receipts, and communications that keep you informed about the work and needs to which you have generously given support.
Such information is used only when GHNI deems it necessary to fulfill its responsibilities in line with its vision of providing ‘Help & Hope to the Hidden & Hurting’. You also have the option of opting out of email lists or mailed solicitations at any time by emailing email@example.com or by calling GHNI’s Orlando, FL Office on (407) 207-3256.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- Interviews and phone calls with you,
- Letters, business cards or e-mails from you,
- PayPal, Credit Card and Online Store purchases
- Support Payment Authorization forms
B. Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our current or former Supporters and Partners to anyone. Donor information is never sold or shared. However, to the extent permitted or required by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our organization’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board or authority, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or authority.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of GHNI - USA and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement or memorandum of understanding with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples of such disclosures include using a records-retention agency to store prior year records, or PayPal to collect subscription or one off payments from you).
C. Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide specific services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the operational and financial policies of GHNI USA, applicable law, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.
Thank you for joining with GHNI in the mission of providing ‘Help & Hope to the Hidden & Hurting’. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (407) 207-3256, or write us if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Written Correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Resources & Development
GHNI – USA
934 N. Magnolia Ave. Ste. 310
Orlando, FL 32803