GHNI TCD & DR Training in Hawaii
Hawaii Global Center for Community Development
Training Farm Volcano Village, Hawaii
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Daphne Keys, Global Director of Resource Development.
Transformational Community Development/Community Health Education Trainer's Training 1
July 30 - August 4, 2019 (5 Nights) - Click here to RSVP
August 20 - August 25, 2019 (5 Nights) - Click here to RSVP
Space is limited, so register early before the event is full!
- TCD training and certificate
- Tour of the volcano activity and elsewhere
- Partnership presentations for additional tools
- Agriculture models for rural farmers, etc.
- And more!
Click here to download the required packing list. Please remember: Temperatures in Hawaii during the summer range from 50 F to 73 F (10 C to 21 C).
Logistics & Travel Tips
- This is a simulated TCD village experience. Please know there are some Western toilets and hot showers, but experiencing cold showers and village latrines is part of the training.
- We will begin with lunch on the first day of training and end with lunch on the last day of training.
- Please arrive in the afternoon on day 1 and plan to depart no earlier than 2:30 pm on the final day of training. Those wishing to arrive early must receive prior approval and will be charged $35 per person per extra day on site.
- There are many wonderful sights on Hawaii and other islands. You can work with your travel guide to book add-on trips coinciding with your training.
- Watch for Southwest flights to Hilo. These might offer best comfort and price, depending on your departure airport.
Testimonies from Participants:
"This was an excellent introduction for me into the world of international development. This came at a great time, too. My wife and I were chatting several months ago about some talents and gifts we have that we’d like to be more intentional about using to bring help and hope....I think this training provided a firm introduction to me. I really like the GHNI way of empowering local communities to take charge of their own futures. Additionally, I really appreciated all of the group discussions. Everyone in the group was incredibly brilliant, had amazing ideas and experiences....especially for a newbie like me."
"Hands-on farm experience, pit latrine, field-style showers."
"Lessons on TCD and transforming lives were my favorite part."
"We enjoyed getting to work with the farm animals and other farm chores."